This greatly expanded new edition from three highly respected authors
- is a digest of a quarter century of tree at the Karlsruher Research Center (now KIT)
- promotes understanding of the body language of trees
- explains defect symptoms, their failure and their sorrows
- shows fungal fruit bodies as witnesses in court
- discloses universal forms in animate and inanimate nature
- saves people from trees and trees from people.
The method of tree inspection described in this book is based on observation of nature and on folk mechanics verified by computerized methods and field studies. It is the basis of many court decisions and is used all over the world.
This book is a handshake of science with friends of trees.